Frequently Asked Questions:
Since starting the support raising process these questions keep coming up, so we thought we’d post the answers here, in case any of YOU may be asking the same things!! If you have any further questions please let us know!
Q) When are you guys going to Spain?
A) Short answer: when we raise the money!
Our prayer: we hope to be able to leave by sometime in the fall of 2013.
Q) When do you need support to start?
A) We need monthly pledges cards to be sent in as soon as possible, but you can indicated when you plan to start your giving, up until we leave for Spain. Some have started giving now- and this is the amount from which we are currently drawing salary- some have decideded to hold off for a determined amount of months, and others have said their giving will start when we leave for the field. We appreciate your willingness to pledge and to give. Also, one-time donations are greatly appreciated! Click here to find out how to pledge support and make contributions.
Q) How can we pray for you?
A) Join our blog (see panel on the right) to receive up-to-date prayer requests and specifics on what is going on in our lives and the ministry in Spain. We plan on updating it every couple weeks, and if you join, you´ll get an email (email@example.com) for more general updates. One thing we have learned throughout this process is that prayer is NOT a last resort..its the most important resource we have, and we greatly appreciate your prayers for us and for the people in Spain. THANK YOU!
Q) How else can I help?
A) Here are a few ideas:
- PRAY!-its our MOST valuable resource!
- host a get-together at you house for us to share with your friends/neighbors
- let us visit your small group
- speak with your pastor or missions committee on our behalf and see if they will let us present at your church
- childcare during presentations
- legal advice (wills, power of attorney, etc. things that have to be done before we go)
- we will need a place to stay our last couple of months in the US after our house has sold
- helping us store some “sentimental” things that we will not be taking overseas with us (Rachael´s wedding dress, etc..).
- lending us a vehicle for a couple months before we leave (we´ll need to sell our van before we go)
- did we mention PRAY??
We’re open to other ideas as well!